In the event of an explosion or earthquake:
1. Remain calm. Your calm behavior can have a positive influence on those around you.
2. Be prepared for possible further explosions or aftershocks.
3. Crawl under a table or desk.
4. Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets, bookcases and electrical equipment.
5. Be guided by Security personnel or your Department Head if evacuation is ordered. Go to the designated area at the Children’s Tile Plaza (under the library awning if it is raining).
6. Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious immediate danger (of fire, building collapse, gas leak, etc.).
7. Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects.
8. Do not use the elevator.
9. Do not use matches or lighters.
10. Avoid using telephones or cell phones. Use text messages instead.
11. Do not spread rumors.
12. Watch for downed power lines when outdoors.
13. After the event is over, if the cleanup requires more equipment, personnel or skills than we have, Claire (Executive Director), Pal (Deputy Director) and/or Gregory (Director of Security & Operations) will call our insurance company for guidance in consultation with Florida Southern College. Laura (Exhibitions Coordinator) or Loren (Collections Manager) will call the fine art insurance company if artwork was damaged.
If evacuation is ordered, wait at the Children’s Tile Plaza until given further instructions.