According to the Polk County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP) released in 2012, Polk County is considered to have a LOW threat probability due to terrorism. The most likely targets in Central Florida for Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) is Disney World/Orlando and the Port of Tampa/Tampa Bay area.
In the event of a terrorist attack:
1. Gather information. There is a TV with an antenna downstairs outside the auditorium near the kitchen. There is a TV with an antenna in Gregory’s office. There is also a battery powered boom box style TV in the disaster supplies in Curatorial offices.
2. In the event of a nuclear attack, monitor the weather in addition to the news. Wind direction will determine which way the fallout will travel.
3. Follow instructions given by state and local authorities.
There is a HIGH probability for cyber terrorist attack against the United States. Likely targets would be the financial sector, transportation, government or utilities and would most likely effect the entire country.
In the event of a cyber-terrorist attack:
1. In the event of a cyber-terrorist attack, Gregory (Director of Security, Operations & Technology) will give instructions as to what to do. This may involve removing us from the internet for a short period as well as contacting our bank to make sure the Museum’s finances are safe.
2. Follow instructions given by state and local authorities.